Managing Director of the Private Equity Practice at Dickinson Wright PLLC. Mr. Bolton has extensive experience in all areas of corporate finance, private equity, mergers & acquisitions and securities. He has represented companies in a wide variety of transactions, including IPO and "going private" transactions, mergers, asset acquisitions or divestitures, recapitalizations, MBOs and LBOs. Mr. Bolton has also represented the sponsors of private equity and mezzanine funds in the organization of numerous private investment funds and hundreds of their portfolio investment transactions. He also routinely represents portfolio companies of PE funds as their outside general counsel.
- Michigan State University, BA, graduated 1974
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- ACG Detroit - Board of Directors
- ACG Detroit - Program Commitee
- Detroit Bar Association - Member
- Little Traverse Bay Humane Society - Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan - Member
- The Detroit Institute for Children - Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- 2010 Dealmaker of the Year, Advisor - Crain's Detroit Business
- Leading Individual Lawyer in Corporate/M&A - Chambers USA
- Michigan Super Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell AV peer review rated lawyer
Lawyer Practice Areas
19 Office Locations
in 2 Countries
Lawyer Case History
Private Equity Transaction
Counsel to private equity fund to organize and capitalize portfolio acquisition entity, followed by simultaneous acquisition and financing of five (5) operating entities.
Private Equity Fund Transaction
Counsel to private equity fund to organize and capitalize acquisition entity, followed by acquisition and financing of numerous media and special event businesses (including publications such as Southwestern Art, Yoga Journal, Backpacker and Log Home Living, and the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show).
Flortists' Transworld Delivery Association
Counsel to Florists' Transworld Delivery Association in the spin-off and divestiture of its business operations and return to its core function, a trade association.