Recognized since 2006
Corporate Governance Law
Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Contact & Links
- 500 Woodward Avenue, Suite 4000
Detroit, MI 48226-3425
- Michigan State University, BA, graduated 1974
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- ACG Detroit - Board of Directors
- ACG Detroit - Program Commitee
- Detroit Bar Association - Member
- Little Traverse Bay Humane Society - Board of Directors
- State Bar of Michigan - Member
- The Detroit Institute for Children - Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- 2010 Dealmaker of the Year, Advisor - Crain's Detroit Business
- Leading Individual Lawyer in Corporate/M&A - Chambers USA
- Michigan Super Lawyers
- Martindale Hubbell AV peer review rated lawyer
"Richard Bolton has routinely displayed over the 12 years of our working relationship a strong command of corporate finance legal issues, which has served our firm well. He is a diligent pursuer of the best interests of his clients, while maintaining a cordial working relationship with opposing counsel. He has been most helpful to us in building our firm."
- Scott Reilly (Peninsula Capital Partners LLC), Detroit, MI
"We came to Rick and the Dickinson Wright folks on the recommendation of a media executive whose opinion carries a premium in my world. As a recently-minted CEO, I had many questions when I first met Rick regarding, not only the applicable skill sets and credentials of his firm, but the immediate and longterm needs of my newly formed company. We were starting from scratch, and he played an integral role in establishing the model for our full legal function at InterMedia Outdoors. Did I mention that he and his firm are managing this for us from Detroit?"
- Jeff Paro (InterMedia Outdoors Inc.), New York, NY
"I have had the privilege of working with Rick for over 20 years in a variety of corporate finance activities ranging from public offerings to M&A transactions. His keen insight and strong work ethic have been significant reasons for the success of many transactions. It's also fair to say that unlike many attorneys, Rick helps solve problems and craft solutions rather than create problems. He fundamentally understands that good deals need to get done."
- William McKinley (W. Y. Campbell & Company), Detroit, MI
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.