Recognized since 2005
Admiralty and Maritime Law
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Attorney Richard Serpe is a highly skilled Norfolk, Virginia based personal injury attorney with a reputation for meticulous trial preparation and presentation. He has a tremendous track record of success in obtaining substantial jury verdicts and settlements for his clients.
For over 35 years, he has dedicated his career to helping people injured in accidents caused by a negligent person, company, or dangerous product. A substantial portion of his career has been devoted to the representation of injured children.
Richard Serpe is admitted to practice in Virginia, Texas, and Louisiana. Mr. Serpe has represented clients before the Louisiana and Virginia Supreme courts and appeared before the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Circuits of the US Court of Appeals.
Mr. Serpe is frequently associated with complex litigation, managing cases with difficult scientific and medical issues. He has experience managing large case cohorts, including the extensive use of database and litigation support software.
- 580 East Main Street, Suite 310
Norfolk, VA 23510
- Tulane University , Juris Doctor (JD), graduated 1986
- Tulane University , LL.M. in Admiralty, graduated 1989
- University of Virginia, Economics, graduated 1983
- Virginia, 1991
- Louisiana, 1986
- Texas, 1987
- Virginia State Bar - Licensed, 1991
- State Bar of Texas - Licensed, 1987
- Louisiana State Bar - Licensed, 1986
- American Association for Justice - Member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Association - Member
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group - Member
- MDL 2047 Chinese Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation - Plaintiff Steering Committee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana (Admitted in 1986)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (Admitted in 1986)
- Texas Supreme Court Superior and Inferior Courts of the State (Admitted in 1985)
- Virginia Supreme Court Superior and Inferior Courts of the Commonwealth (Admitted in 1992)
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Norfolk (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Automobile Collision
- Brain Injury
- Toxic Tort
- Wrongful Death
- Super Lawyer (2006 - Present)
- Best Lawyers® (2005 - Present)Norfolk Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year, Plaintiffs (2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
- Rated 10/10 – “Superb” by the online attorney rating service, Avvo.com
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.