Recognized since 2007
Banking and Finance Law
Real Estate Law
Richard (Rick) Petershack is a partner at Wisconsin law firm Axley Brynelson, LLP, and a member of the Business Practice Group. His practice focuses on commercial real estate, commercial lending, banking law, mediation, and acting as underwriters’ counsel in bond transactions.
Mr. Petershack represents developers in large transactions, including purchases and sales, and land development activities. He also does extensive work for his real estate and business clients in reviewing and structuring financing options. He recently represented the developer of an $80 million mixed use in-fill project using a HUD-insured construction/permanent loan.
For his lender clients, Mr. Petershack works extensively in real estate and business financing, including working capital and asset-based loans, and letter of credit enhancement (low floater) transactions.
Mr. Petershack is also actively involved in the Dane County Case Mediation Program and has mediated a variety of business disputes.
Mr. Petershack has industry experience with local, regional and national lenders and real estate development firms. He also has experience in business financing for small, medium and large businesses, public finance including underwriter representation, complex real estate and business transactions and often works with multi-layered financing, public financing and significant deed restriction issues.
Contact & Links
- Two East Mifflin Street, Suite 200
P.O. Box 1767
Madison, WI 53701-1767
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, graduated 1982
- Oberlin College, BA
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association - Member
- Downtown Rotary Club of Madison - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- Village of Maple Bluff Board of Zoning Appeals - Chair
- Wisconsin - Supreme Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Banking and Finance Law, Madison (2021)
- Real Estate Law, Madison (2017)
- Banking and Finance Law, Madison (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Bond Finance
- Land Use
- Office Buildings
- Real Property Law
- Secured Transactions
- Tax Certiorari
- Workouts and Restructurings
- Named a top real estate law attorney in The Best Lawyers in America©
- Named to the 2005 – 2013 Wisconsin Super Lawyers Lists (Primary Area of Practice: Banking Law and Real Estate)
- Named to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers List in its Business Edition (Primary Areas of Practice: (Banking Law and Real Estate)
- Named one of Madison’s top banking/financial services lawyers by Madison Magazine
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.