Recognized since 2015
Vancouver, British Columbia
Richard Bereti is the Chair of Harper Grey's Environmental Law Group.
Richard is the author of British Columbia Environmental Management Legislation & Commentary, a guide to the regulation of contaminated sites, and former adjunct Professor of Law at UBC Law School.
Richard provides advice on liability issues arising under the Environmental Management Act, the Contaminated Sites Regulation and other provincial and federal environmental statutes. He advises industrial and commercial enterprises of all kinds, owners of commercial property, developers, parent companies and subsidiaries, municipalities, engineers and consultants, and directors and officers. He has acted in several leading environmental cases, and provides advice to enterprises on a broad range of environmental issues across Canada. Richard has particular strength in resolving issues with regulators, and achieving practical, business-focused results in complex civil and regulatory matters, including the many issues that arise for businesses in their operations and corporate transactions.
Originally from Regina, Richard usually spends part of his summer vacation with his young family at their lakeside cabin in Saskatchewan.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.harpergrey.com/lawyer/richard-bereti/
- 650 West Georgia Street, Suite 3200
Vancouver, BC V6B 4P7
- Saskatchewan, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- British Columbia, Law Society of British Columbia
- BC Environmental Industry Association (BCEIA) - Member
- British Columbia Expropriation Association - Member
- Canadian Association of Law Teachers - Member
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA) - Alberta Branch - Member
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA) - BC Branch - Member
- Canadian Urban Institute - Member
- Environmental Managers Association of BC (EMABC) - Member
- National Brownfields Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA) - Environmental Subsection - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Canada 2015, 2016, and 2017 as a leading lawyer in the area of Environmental Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2013 - recognized as a "Leading Practitioner" in the area of Environmental Law
- Chambers Canada 2017 - recognized as a "Leader in His Field" in the area of Environmental Law (Nationwide-Canada)
- Chambers Canada 2016 - recognized as a "Recognized Practitioner" in the area of Environmental Law
- Chambers Canada 2015 - recognized as a "Noted Practitioner" in the area of Environmental Law
- Chambers Canada 2014 - recognized as a "Noted Practitioner" in the area of Environmental Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.