Hadef & Partners
Recognized since 2008
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Richard is a recognised leader in commercial dispute resolution in the UAE and has practised contentious business law in the UAE for most of his career. His areas of specialisation are in the litigation and arbitration fields, particularly with reference to maritime, trade and insurance law in the United Arab Emirates and the Middle East area.
Prior to working at Hadef, Richard trained with Clifford Chance in London and Dubai, later joining another UAE law firm as a partner. He graduated from the University of Warwick (LLB) and the College of Law, Guildford (United Kingdom). Richard is a member of the Law Society and a Practicing Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales. He is also a member of the International Bar Association and World Jurist Association. Richard is also the ICC FraudNet member for the UAE, Middle East Regional Coordinator for the Inter-Pacific Bar Association and former Vice Chair of the IBA Maritime Committee.
- Emaar Square, Building 3, Level 5
Downtown Burj Dubai
P.O. Box 37172
United Arab Emirates
- United States, International Bar Association
- IBA Maritime Committee - Former Vice Chair
- ICC FraudNet - Member
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association - Middle East Regional Coordinator
- International Bar Association - Member
- World Jurist Association - Member
12 The Best Lawyers in the United Arab Emirates™ awards
- Insurance Law, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (2016-17)
- Maritime Law, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (2014-15)
- Litigation, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (2011-12)
- Insurance Law
- Maritime Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.