Recognized since 1991
Richard Alan Arnold is a nationally recognized trial lawyer specializing in complex litigation. He has tried antitrust cases for plaintiffs and defendants. During his over 30 years of concentration on these cases, his practice has emphasized individual plaintiff cases rather than class action or mass action representation. He has represented public companies, entrepreneurial individuals, and privately-held companies in plaintiff’s antitrust cases in a wide variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, vitamins, telecommunications, consumable commodities, banking, automotive, health care, and airlines. He also has represented opt-out plaintiffs in many of the civil antitrust cases that have proceeded parallel to or following the U.S. government’s criminal prosecution of international cartels.
Besides his private antitrust work, Richard has served as a special assistant attorney general in several states, both as prosecutor and as counsel. He is a member of the American Law Institute and the ABA Section on Antitrust, and he belongs to other professional associations. He formerly chaired the Ad Hoc Committee on Rules and Procedures of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. He has written on such topics as implied rights of action under the antitrust laws and has also lectured on antitrust law.
Born in Kingsport, Tennessee, Richard earned his B.S. degree from East Tennessee State University; his J.D. from the University of South Carolina; and his LL.M., Master of Laws, from the University of Illinois. He clerked for the Honorable William E. Miller in the U.S. Circuit Court for the Sixth Circuit. He has been admitted to practice before a number of Federal Circuit and District Courts around the country. He is a member of The Florida Bar. He was editor of the University of South Carolina Law Review, for which he authored: “Constitutional Law: Imprisonment of the Indigent for Non-Payment of Fines” and “The Right to Counsel: The Agersinger-Kirby Dichotomy.” He also wrote “Florida Class Actions — A New Look” for the University of Florida Law Review and “Implied Right of Action Under the Antitrust Laws” for the William and Mary Law Review.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.knpa.com/attorneys/richard-alan-arnold/
- Four Seasons Tower, Suite 1100
1441 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
- Sex: Male
- University of Illinois - Chicago, L.L.M., Master of Laws, graduated 1975
- University of South Carolina-Columbia, J.D., graduated 1973
- East Tennessee State University, B.S., graduated 1969
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Antitrust Section
- American BarAssociation - Litigation Section
- The American Law Institute - Member
- The Florida Bar - Business LawSection
- The Florida Bar - Trial Lawyer Section
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida - Advisory Committee
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1975
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1988
- United States Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Antitrust Law, Miami (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Antitrust Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Chambers USA, Band 1, Antitrust, 2004-2018, 2020; Band 2, Antitrust, 2019; Senior Statespeople, Antitrust, 2021Best Lawyers in America, Antitrust Law and Commercial Litigation, 1991 – presentFlorida Super Lawyers, Top Rated Antitrust Litigation Attorney, 2006 – presentAV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America, Antitrust Law and Commercial Litigation, 1991 – present
- Florida Super Lawyers, Top Rated Antitrust Litigation Attorney, 2006 – present
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.