Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Litigation and Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Restructuring; and Compliance and Anti-Corruption Groups. His practice focuses principally on civil and commercial litigation, arbitration, bankruptcy and insolvency. Also, he advises companies on anti-corruption, ethics and compliance programs, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing, corporate crime risk management and internal investigations.
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Chile (since 2001).
- Professor of Academia Judicial (since 2007) and Instituto de Estudios Judiciales Hernán Correa de la Cerda (since 2013).
- Professor of the Master in Law of Succession, Universidad Diego Portales (since 2010).
- Professor of LL.M., Universidad de Chile (since 2007).
- Member of the New York Bar Association.
- Co-author of the chapter "Chile: Trends and Developments" in the Chambers Global Practice Guide: Litigation, Chambers and Partners (2019).
- Co-author of the article "The Conflict of Interest in the Company Contract and its Regulation in the Civil Code under the Statute of Contractual Liability. Comments on the "Salinero / Rueda" case, Revista Chilena de Derecho Privado (2019).
- Co-author of the book "Contractual Remedies", Thomson Reuters (2018).
- Author of the article "The Unfair Competition in the Commercial Distribution Contract", Revista Chilena de Derecho Privado N° 22, Fernando Fueyo Laneri Foundation (2014).
- Author of several articles in Chilean and foreign publications.