Recognized since 2023
Washington, District of Columbia
Qui Tam Law
Renée Brooker was a long-time Civil Frauds Assistant Director at the United States Department of Justice, the Office that supervises all False Claims Act cases in all 94 United Stated District Courts. In this leadership role, she was responsible for billions of dollars in recoveries and held companies accountable.
She now represents whistleblowers in all 94 United States District Courts. Ms. Brooker’s inside knowledge about what the Justice Department is looking for in a whistleblower case, how to present a whistleblower case to the Justice Department, and how the process at the Justice Department works, is incredibly helpful to her clients.
Ms. Brooker has enforced anti-fraud laws and represented whistleblowers in virtually every major industry: health care, pharmaceutical, insurance, defense contracting, government procurement, small business, financial services, labor, tobacco, automotive and higher education. Her expertise includes these anti-fraud laws:
The False Claims Act/The Whistleblower Law
The United States Department of Justice Bank Fraud Whistleblower Reward Program called the Financial Institutions Anti-Fraud Enforcement Act (FIAFEA) for violations of the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery and Enforcement Act (FIRREA)—an enforcement tool used to deter fraud by financial institutions, including bank fraud and mail and wire fraud
The Whistleblower Programs of the SEC, CFTC, and the IRS
The United States Treasury Department Anti-Money Laundering Whistleblower Law for Bank Secrecy Act violations or for making illegally-gained proceeds (“dirty money“) appear legal (“clean“)
The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)
Ms. Brooker is also a former member of the Justice Department-appointed Independent Corporate Compliance Monitor and Auditor for Volkswagen under its several-year Plea Agreement and Consent Decree with the United States Department of Justice.
Contact & Links
- 1828 L Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036
- Georgetown University , J.D.
- Temple University, B.A.
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia
- Law360 White Collar Editorial Advisory Board - Member, 2021-2022
- Federal Bar Association - Professional Development Task Force Member
- Federal Bar Association Qui Tam Section - Advisory Board Member & Programming Committee Member
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association - Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association - Member
- Taxpayers Against Fraud - Member, Communications and Public Education Committee
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Qui Tam Law
- The United States Department of Justice Commendation Award for recovering billions of dollars from financial institutions for fraudulent loan origination practices under the False Claims Act/Whistleblower Law (2016) (The “Big Lender Initiative” under President Obama’s Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force)
- The Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Award for Excellence, in recognition of the $1.2 billion False Claims Act civil settlement with Wells Fargo Bank (2016)
- The United States Department of Justice Dedicated Service Award for “a record of outstanding actions and accomplishments” under the False Claims Act/Whistleblower Law (2015)
- The Attorney General’s Award for Fraud Prevention for recovering hundreds of millions of dollars from the pharmaceutical industry for falsely inflated Medicare and Medicaid drug prices under the False Claims Act/Whistleblower Law (2011)
- The United States Department of Justice Award for prosecuting Big Tobacco under civil racketeering laws for lying to the American public about the harmful effects of smoking (2005)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.