For more than 18 years, Ren has provided all levels of government and the private sector with strategic advice on infrastructure, construction and procurement projects. His extensive experience ensures clients receive the right commercial advice on the development and procurement of complex projects.
Ren’s well regarded experience across all sectors and industries includes advising on structuring transactions and major projects, including PPPs and project financed infrastructure, in a way which provides the best commercial and legal solution for delivering those projects.
His expertise also covers contract administration, claims management and dispute resolution to ensure that transaction documents are robust and tailored to organisational and strategic needs.Ren’s focus has seen him develop recognised experience and depth in advising on all forms of contracting and transaction structures including:
- PPPs and project financed infrastructure
- mine development and operations contracts
- all forms of procurement for power, processing and mining plant and equipment (including EPC, EPCM, alliances and traditional forms of contracting)
- infrastructure agreements (such as BOO/BOOTs and coordination agreements)
- construction contracts (including those based on Australian Standards, FIDIC, GC-21 and Property Council forms), and
- procurement contracts (including for Defence procurement and transport logistics).
Ren leads the firm’s Government Services team given his extensive experience in advising federal, state and local governments across Australia.
He also regularly provides training to clients on key issues relevant to the construction industry including recent presentations on probity in procurement, Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD), contract delivery models and procurement strategies.