A noted attorney with more than three decades of experience in complex business transactions, Reich Welborn handles mergers and acquisitions for both sellers and buyers and works with closely-held businesses in family succession, business protection and exit strategies.
He has extensive knowledge in representing lenders, developers and tenants in a broad variety of financing and real estate transactions. Reich also advises corporate clients on major relocations, including site selection, acquisition and assembly of tracts of land, contracts, negotiations, construction and financing.
In his healthcare practice, Mr. Welborn represents primarily physician groups and other provider organizations. He assists them with acquisitions and mergers, recruitment and employment contract negotiation.
Reich has been selected as a North Carolina Top Rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been included in Best Lawyers in America®, North Carolina’s Legal Elite, and Super Lawyers.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (A.B., 1968)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (J.D., Order of the Coif , 1971)
Admitted to Practice
- United States Supreme Court, 2001
- State of North Carolina, 1971
- Selected as a North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Member, Advisory Board, North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center, UNC Hospitals, 1996 to present.
- Included in Best Lawyers in America for Corporate Law and Real Estate Law, 2007-2016; and for Health Care Law, 2013 and 2015-2016.
- Included in Business North Carolina's Legal Elite list, 2004-2014. His primary area of practice is Business/Corporate.
- Selected for inclusion to the North Carolina Super Lawyers list in 2006 - 2014. His primary area of practice is Business/Corporate.
- Former board member:
- Family Counseling Services of Durham
- Durham Chapter of American Cancer Society
- Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
- Past President and Board Member, Durham County Bar Association and 14th Judicial District Bar
- Past President, Durham Jaycees
- Past President, North State Sertoma Club
- Past President, North Carolina Jaycees
- Past Vice President, Board of Family Counseling Service of Durham
- Past member, Advisory Council to the Governor's Office of Citizen Affairs
- Board of Trustees, North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, 2002-2009
- Board of Governors, North Carolina Bar Association, 2008-2009
- Vice President, North Carolina Bar Association, 2008-2009
- Past chair, North Carolina Bar Association Large Law Firm Committee and past member, Business Law Section Council
- Fourteenth Judicial District bar and Durham County Bar Association, past President
- North Carolina Bar Association: Business law and Health care Sections
- American Bar Associations