Reginald S. Jackson, Jr.
Recognized since 2007
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
With more than 40 years of experience in business litigation, Reginald S. Jackson, Jr., of counsel, is a valuable addition to Eastman & Smith’s roster of attorneys.
Mr. Jackson’s practice includes complex business litigation, federal white collar criminal defense and professional liability. Additionally Mr. Jackson has arbitrated and mediated in excess of 130 matters involving breach of contract, business torts, lender liability, shareholder actions and UCC. He is board certified as a civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, a distinction held by approximately 100 attorneys total in Ohio and Michigan, as well as certified by the American Arbitration Association to conduct arbitrations.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Jackson was an assistant U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Ohio in its Toledo office. Prior to joining Eastman & Smith he was a founding member of Connelly, Jackson & Collier.
Mr. Jackson has spoken and written for the Ohio State and Toledo Bar Associations, the Toledo chapter of the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Ohio CLE Institute. Topics include attorney ethics and professionalism, tax fraud and discovery.EXPERIENCE
- Obtained a reversal setting aside a $22 million jury verdict on behalf of a defendant in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, certiorari denied.
- Obtained $50 million settlement on behalf of aggrieved landowners against mega-farm processing plant.
- Represented class of investors aggrieved by $20 million criminal and fraudulent misconduct.
- Represented Big Three automobile manufacturer against franchisee complaining of denial of franchise.
- Represented major regional financial institution against claims of misrepresentation and breach of responsibilities as trustee of a family trust.
- Represented major regional financial institution successfully recovering over $1 million proceeds from a check-kiting scheme.
- Represented multi-national corporation seeking recovery from employee for multi-million dollar embezzlement scheme.
- Representing multi-national manufacturer seeking monetary and injunctive relief for violations of Lanham Act.
- Successfully represented major regional financial institution against another financial institution seeking recovery for check-kiting proceeds.
- Successfully represented alleged co-conspirator of scheme to bribe municipal and county officials purchasing supplies.
- Achieved non-prosecution of married couple alleged to have failed to file federal income tax returns for 30 years.
- Achieved non-prosecution of married couple alleged to have failed to file federal income tax returns for 17 years.
- Represented individual charged with 40+ counts of mortgage fraud.
Contact & Links
- One Seagate, 27th Floor
550 North Summit Street
Toledo, OH 43604
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
20 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
3 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Toledo (2023)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Toledo (2020)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Toledo (2018)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Toledo (2016)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Toledo (2011)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Civil Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Tax-Evasion Defense
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.