Recognized since 2024
Raleigh, North Carolina
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
Reed is a litigation attorney and focuses his practice primarily on state and local tax (SALT) controversies, including property tax, sales and use tax and other excise taxes, corporate and individual income tax. He represents clients in a variety of industries including retail, manufacturing, life sciences, and healthcare in matters involving tax strategy, administrative challenges and appeals, and contested cases before the North Carolina Property Tax Commission and North Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings. Reed also represents clients in the appeal of such cases before the North Carolina Business Court, the North Carolina Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of North Carolina. His appellate practice has included appeals of matters within the Second, Fourth, and Tenth U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals and to the United States Supreme Court. He has spoken and published articles on state and local tax controversy issues regionally and nationally.
In addition to his state and local tax practice, Reed represents clients in matters involving eminent domain and condemnation law, economic development, and administrative and business litigation.
Active in the business and legal communities, Reed has served in various leadership positions within the American Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar Association, and the local and North Carolina Jaycees. He is a former adjunct tax faculty member of the University of Miami School of Law, having co-taught the State and Local Tax intersession course for eight years.
- E-mail: Reed.Hollander@youngmoorelaw.com
- Direct Phone Number: 919-861-5501
- Phone Number: 919-782-6860
- Lawyer Page: https://www.youngmoorelaw.com/people/attorneys/reed-j-hollander/
- 3101 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200
P.O. Box 31627
Raleigh, NC 27622-1627
- Duke University, J.D., graduated 1996
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, B.A., with honors and distinction, graduated 1993
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association
- State and Local Tax Course, University of Miami School of Law - Adjunct Tax Faculty (2014-2023)
- American Bar Association - Tax Section, State and Local Tax Committee - Executive Committee Member and Ad Valorem Tax Subcommittee Member (2020-2023)
- American Bar Association - Litigation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association - Tax Section, Counsel Member (2019-2023)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.