Ranse Partin specializes in complex civil litigation, including business litigation, whistleblower cases, class actions, and serious personal injury and product liability cases. A private pilot himself, Mr. Partin has significant experience with cases arising from aviation crashes.
Prior to founding his own firm, Mr. Partin practiced for a decade at one of the largest law firms in the world, representing some of the largest corporations in America. He now enjoys devoting his practice to representing “the underdog” – “real people” and businesses injured — economically or physically — by the wrongful acts of others.
Other lawyers have recognized Mr. Partin as one of the top lawyers in Georgia.
- Mr. Partin maintains the highest Martindale-Hubbell peer rating (“AV Preeminent,” 5 on a scale of 1 – 5), based on confidential reviews by other lawyers. Martindale describes this rating as “a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him…at the highest level of professional excellence.”
- The Daily Report, Georgia’s legal newspaper, ranked Mr. Partin as one of the top 40 lawyers in Georgia under the age of 40.
- He has been named a “Super Lawyer,” and was previously recognized as a “Rising Star,” in the Super Lawyers and Atlanta magazines, based on the votes of other lawyers.
- In 2015 and 2016, Mr. Partin was recognized as one of “Georgia’s Legal Elite” in personal injury litigation by, Georgia Trend magazine.
- Mr. Partin was co-counsel in the largest personal injury verdict ever obtained in Valdosta, Georgia at that time. In Childress v. Kendrick, Superior Court of Lowndes County, Georgia, he won $1.8 million for a client who needlessly lost his leg due to medical malpractice.
- Mr. Partin was co-counsel in two jury verdicts totaling over $11 million: Hernandez v. Hi-Tech Engineering, a $10 million verdict in Jefferson County, Georgia, one of the largest verdicts ever obtained in rural Georgia, for the wrongful death of an undocumented worker in a saw mill; and Thomas v. Williams, a $1.2 million verdict in Cobb County, Georgia, in an automotive, wrongful death case.
Before founding his own firm, Mr. Partin practiced law for ten years at King & Spalding — an international law firm recognized as one of the top 50 law firms in the world, with more than 850 lawyers — as a member of K&S’s Business Litigation, Healthcare, and False Claims Act (qui tam / whistleblower) practices.
At K&S, he represented numerous corporate clients, including many in the healthcare industry, such as hospitals and health systems, pharmacy providers and managed care organizations. These matters typically involved specialized healthcare regulatory issues, or intricate managed care issues. He often speaks and writes on healthcare litigation and related issues.
Mr. Partin also has extensive experience in business litigation, having represented leading Fortune 100 companies, including The Coca-Cola Company, Comcast, and SunTrust Bank. He has litigation and trial experience in state and federal courts, including first-chair trial experience, both at the trial and appellate levels, as well as in arbitration and mediation proceedings in commercial disputes across the country. Mr. Partin has litigated many types of business claims, including breach of contract, fraud, tortious interference, RICO, class actions, and insurance coverage disputes.
Mr. Partin graduated cum laude from The University of Georgia School of Law, and has a B.A. from Emory University. Following law school, he clerked for two years for the Honorable Thomas W. Thrash, Jr., United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia. He is a native of Nashville, Georgia.