Recognized since 1995
Trusts and Estates
Randy Nelson is a Shareholder focusing his practice on estate planning, advising family businesses, tax planning, trust administration and probate. He is a Certified Public Accountant and was an Adjunct Professor at Marquette University Law School where he taught estate planning for over 30 years. He is a frequent speaker at continuing education courses for lawyers and CPAs on the subjects of estate planning and tax planning. He is the author of the chapter “Estate Planning for Owners of Closely Held Businesses” in Eckhardt’s Workbook for Wisconsin Estate Planners published by the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Randy is currently the chair of the State Bar of Wisconsin (SBW) Drafting Committee which is working on the Wisconsin Uniform Fiduciary Income and Principal Act, a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin/Wisconsin Bankers Association (SBW/WBA) Drafting Committee working on the trailer bill to modify the Wisconsin Trust Code, and a member of the SBW Drafting Committee which is working on the Wisconsin Uniform Power of Appointment Act. He chaired the SBW/WBA Drafting Committee responsible for the Wisconsin Uniform Principal and Income Act which was passed in 2005 and was a member of the SBW/WBA Drafting Committee responsible for the Wisconsin Trust Code which was passed in 2013.
- 411 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000
Milwaukee, WI 53202-4427
- Marquette University, J.D., cum laude
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, B.B.A., with honors
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Member
- Jewish Family Services, Inc. - Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- Wisconsin Law Foundation - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association - Member
- Milwaukee Estate Planning Forum - Member
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) - Fellow; Member, Business Planning Committee
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants - Memeber
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Trusts and Estates, Milwaukee (2013)
- Trusts and Estates
- Estate Planning
- Family Businesses
- Fiduciary Duties
- Gift Planning
- Planning for Closely Held Businesses
- Succession Planning
- Trust Administration
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2005-2021)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.