Recognized since 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
Banking and Finance Law
Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
Litigation - Real Estate
Real Estate Law
Randy Opotowsky has more than 39 years of experience in residential and commercial real estate law, and business and corporate law, including 25 years as a litigator. His practice areas include residential and commercial closings, condominium creation and conversion, multi-family and subdivision development, and representation of condominium homeowner associations. He has represented developers of numerous new and renovated condominium projects in the New Orleans area, as well as handling residential subdivision developments throughout the Greater New Orleans area.
Randy is known as an extremely skilled real estate and litigation attorney, qualities that have attributed to him being widely recognized by his peers as one of the best in the industry. He was named Best Lawyers’ New Orleans Litigation – Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year” in 2024 and 2014 and was inducted into New Orleans CityBusiness Leadership in Law Hall of Fame in 2022. He has also been consistently included in Best Lawyers in America and New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers.
As a litigator, Randy has developed a well-respected concentration in disputes involving real estate, expropriation and condominium issues. He also represents a wide range of regional banks on business and real estate loans.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.steeglaw.com/attorney/randy-opotowsky/
- 201 Saint Charles Avenue, Suite 3201
New Orleans, LA 70170
- Louisiana State University, J.D., graduated 1977
- Tulane University, BA, graduated 1974
- Louisiana, State Bar Association
- New Orleans, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations - Member
- Regional Bank Corporation - Secretary of the Board, Board Member
- Property Advisory Committee for Operation Comeback - Executive Board Member and Chair
- Community Associations Institute - Member
- Preservation Resource Center - Past Secretary, Past President, Past Vice President, Past Treasurer
- Preservation Resource Center, Property Advisory Committee - Head
- Louisiana State Bar Exam - Assistant Examiner
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1981
- Litigation - Real Estate, New Orleans (2024)
- Litigation - Real Estate, New Orleans (2014)
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers New Orleans Litigation Real Estate Lawyer of the Year in 2024 and 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America - Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, Litigation – Real Estate, Real Estate Law (since 2012)
- Martindale-Hubbell - AV Preeminent
- New Orleans Magazine - Top Lawyers in Real Estate Law, Litigation - Real Estate
- New Orleans CityBusiness Leadership in Law Hall of Fame; Leadership in Law Honoree (2013, 2019, 2022)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.