Ralph Jacobson received his law degree from Stanford University in 1969. His concentration has been in personal injury and employment litigation for over 30 years. He has written numerous articles for the CEB Civil Litigation Reporter, a leading professional journal for attorneys. One such article was cited by the California Supreme Court in an opinion.
Ralph has served as a consultant to Bancroft Whitney, a leading legal text publisher, for its California Civil Practice Series. He has lectured to various groups of attorneys in California on numerous topics related to personal injury law and court procedures.
He is a co-author of a leading text, California Government Tort Liability Practice, published by the California Continuing Education of the Bar. He is a member of the Alameda County Bar Association. Ralph is now of counsel to the firm.
View Ralph’s Northern California Super Lawyers profile.
- State of California, 1970
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1970
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- Co-author, Government Tort Liability Practice, California Continuing Education of the Bar
- Uninsured Motorists Cases: Notice of Action, CEB Civil Litigation Reporter
- Uninsured Motorist, Notice of Action – an Update, CEB Civil Litigation Reporter
- Statute of Limitations Issues in Underinsured Motorist Cases, CEB Civil Litigation Reporter
- Litigation in the Fast Lane (Contributing Author), CEB
Classes/Seminars Taught (Partial List):
- Joint and Several Liability After Prop. 51, Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers, 1991
- California Government Tort Liability, California Continuing Education of the Bar, 1993
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
Pro Bono Activities:
- Alameda Voluntary Legal Services Program
- Settlement Commissioner, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties