Recognized since 2020
Raffi Melkonian has extensive experience nationwide in both trial and appellate matters, briefing and arguing dozens of appeals in federal and state courts of appeals around the United States. Additionally, Mr. Melkonian maintains an active practice in the United States Supreme Court, which includes both merits and amicus briefs. In 2019, he briefed and argued Fort Bend v. Davis, where his client prevailed in a 9-0 decision written by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. The Firm later successfully represented Ms. Davis in her jury trial on remand.
With broad experience in many different kinds of litigation, Mr. Melkonian regularly litigates the most difficult and complex appellate cases. His prior experience includes matters related to appeals in securities fraud litigation, corporate governance litigation, employment litigation, antitrust class actions, products liability class actions, insurance coverage disputes, partnership disputes, and intellectual property litigation.
Mr. Melkonian keeps a strong social media presence, tweeting about appellate matters under the handle @RMFifthcircuit. He serves as Social Media Chair and council member of the State Bar of Texas’s Appellate Practice Section and helps administer the Section’s Twitter account, @TexAppOrg. He also serves as the Chair-Elect of the Houston Bar Association’s Federal Practice Section. Mr. Melkonian regularly speaks and writes about appeals in forums across Texas and the United States. A graduate of Harvard Law School, Mr. Melkonian is licensed to practice in Texas and New York, as well as the United States district courts for the Eastern and Southern districts of New York and the United States Supreme Court.
Contact & Links
- One Riverway, Suite 2200
Houston, TX 77056
- Harvard University , J.D., graduated 2005
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- New York, New York State Bar
- Armenian Bar Association - Member
- Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court - Member
- Houston Bar Association, Federal Practice Section - Chair-Elect
- State Bar of Texas, Appellate Section - Co-Chair of Social Media
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern District of New York
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2016
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2017-2020
- Best Lawyers in America, Appellate Practice, 2020-2021
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.