Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm´s Natural Resources and Environment Group. His practice focuses on natural resources, mining, water rights, energy, environment, surface lands, project financing, and corporate and commercial law.
Activities and Memberships
- At-Large Council Member representative for Latin America, Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA) (2017-2019).
- Trustee-at-Large, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (2012-2015).
- Member of the board, Chilean Bar Association (2006-2011).
- Professor of Mining Law, Universidad de los Andes (since 2003).
- Professor of Mining Law, Universidad de Chile (since 1996).
- Visiting Professor in several graduate studies and Master Degree Programs on Natural Resources Law at several Chilean Universities.
- Member of the panel of arbitrators, Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Santiago.
- Member of the Legal Committee of the National Mining Association (SONAMI).
- Member of the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA).
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Member of the American Bar Association.
- Member of the Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC).
- Secretary of the Association of Latin American Mining Lawyers (AMLA).
- Member of the Red Interamericana de Especialistas en Legislación Ambiental (RIELA).
- Co-author of the article Streaming Agreements - Mining, Getting the Deal Through (2019).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of Construction and Projects Q&As Global Guide, Thomson Reuters (2018/2019).
- Author of the Chilean chapter on Mining, Getting the Deal Through (2010-2013).
- Special courses on mining law for judges and members of the Courts of Appeals, organized by the Judiciary Academy of Chile.
- Presented papers on Chilean mining, energy, natural resources regulations and environment at numerous seminars, both in Chile and abroad.