Rachel's practice focuses on employment, labour law, and discrimination matters. She works closely with large organisations, in relation to both blue-collar and white-collar workforces, to find solutions that meet their strategic aims whilst minimising their employment law risks.
Rachel has also worked closely with large corporate and government business enterprises to:
- Defend employment litigation in numerous Australian jurisdictions
- Reduce industrial and legal risks associated with major business restructuring
- Develop and implement strategic industrial arrangements and collective bargaining strategies
- Manage and resolve complex industrial disputes and deal with industrial action
- Manage discrimination and sexual harassment complaints and proceedings
Most recently, Rachel has assisted a large corporate client navigate a difficult change management process including defending litigation by unions; secured a termination of protected industrial action by Fair Work Commission on safety grounds; and successfully pursued former employees for breaches of post-employment obligations.
Rachel has completed courses in strategy, management and negotiation at Harvard University.