Recognized since 2006
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Bruce Reynolds has earned a stellar reputation in the construction industry for settling disputes and drafting and negotiating contracts. Who’s Who Legal has recognized him as “one of the foremost construction practitioners in the world,” while his clients have praised him for his legal skills, integrity and clarity of insight.
Bruce is Co-Managing Partner and Co-Chair of the firm’s International Construction Projects Group. He specializes in the resolution of construction and insurance claims, liens, surety bond claims, product liability issues, and architects’ and engineers’ errors and omissions issues. He advises clients on construction projects in Canada, the United States and overseas. In addition to his practice, he also acts as a mediator, arbitrator and facilitator helping to resolve construction industry disputes.
Together with his colleague Sharon Vogel, he played a significant role in helping the Ontario government modernize the province’s construction law and helped to shape the Construction Act. Among the changes to the legislation are the creation of a prompt payment regime and the introduction of a mandatory interim binding dispute resolution system. He was also retained as Counsel by the federal government of Canada to assist in the introduction of new legislation on prompt payment and adjudication, co-authoring the independent expert report Building a Federal Framework for Prompt Payment and Adjudication.
He has been certified as a specialist in construction law by the Law Society of Upper Canada. He is a Fellow of both the Canadian and American Colleges of Construction Lawyers, and past Co-Chair of the International Construction Projects Committee of the International Bar Association.
Bruce has been recognized twice as Global Construction Lawyer of the Year by Who’s Who Legal and as Toronto Construction Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers. He is listed in Chambers Global (Band 1) and Martindale-Hubbell (AV), and he is also recognized in the Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (construction law) and the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory.
- 150 King Street West, Suite 2512
PO Box 24
Toronto, ON M5H 1J9
- Manitoba, Law Society of Manitoba, 2019
- Ontario, 1983
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration - Member
- Law Society of Ontario. - Certified Specialist in Construction Law
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Arbitration Committee - Member
- Canadian College of Construction Lawyers - Founding Governor and President (2002-03)
- International Academy of Construction Lawyers - President
- International Committee, American College of Construction Lawyers - Co-Chair
- International Construction Projects Committee, International Bar Association - Past Co-Chair
- American Bar Association - Associate Member
- American College of Construction Lawyers - Past Governor
- Canadian Bar Association, Construction Law Section - Member
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Fellow
- Construction Law, Toronto, Canada (2021)
- Construction Law, Toronto, Canada (2015)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Construction Law
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration
Jock Tindale Memorial Award, Ontario General Contractors Association.
Lexpert® Zenith Award (Change Agent in Law).
Award of Excellence, The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Construction Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in Canada.
Exclusive Winner, 2022 Lexology Client Choice Construction Award, Canada
Hall of Fame Award Winner, 2023 Benchmark Canada Awards Gala
Recognized as a Leading Lawyer for Arbitration and Energy Law in the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Globe and Mail Special Editions.
Recognized twice as Construction Lawyer of the Year by Benchmark Canada.
Recognized as a leading lawyer in the Lexpert® Special Edition on Litigation.
Recognized in the Hall of Fame as a top lawyer in Canadian construction by The Legal 500.
- Recognized twice by Who’s Who Legal as Global Construction Lawyer of the Year.
- Recognized in the Client Choice Awards in the areas of Arbitration & ADR.
- Recognized in The Lexpert®/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (Construction Law).
- Recognized as one of the Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers in Canada by Canadian Lawyer Magazine: “Bruce is a meticulous, professional and absolutely innovative individual.”
- Recognized by Benchmark Canada Awards as Construction Litigator of the Year.
- Recognized as an Acritas Star.
- Recognized in Chambers Canada — Canada’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Construction) as a Band 1 practitioner in the area of Construction Law, and for Dispute Resolution: Arbitration.
- Recognized in Who’s Who Legal global analysis of Construction Law.
- Recognized in Who’s Who Legal Canada (Construction Law, Arbitration, Mediation): “Bruce Reynolds is one of Canada’s most esteemed and impressive legal minds; he is a leader in the construction disputes space.”
- Recognized in The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Construction and Infrastructure Law) as Most Frequently Recommended.
- Recognized in Benchmark Canada — The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys as a “Local Litigation Star: Ontario” and a “Litigation Star: Construction.”
- Featured in Who’s Who Legal Thought Leaders Guide.
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Alternative Dispute Resolution, Construction Law, Insurance Law, and International Arbitration).
- Recipient of a 2017 award from the Council of Ontario Construction Associations for outstanding contributions to the construction industry.
- Recipient of the Toronto Construction Association's Donald P. Giffin, Sr. Construction Industry Achievement Award
- The most highly nominated practitioner, and the only Canadian lawyer to be featured within the top 10 most highly regarded lawyers internationally in (North America) editions of Who’s Who Legal: Construction.
- Recognized as a leading infrastructure lawyer in the Lexpert®/The Globe and Mail Special Edition on Infrastructure.
- Recognized as the Toronto Construction Law “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in Canada®.
- Recognized as the Global Construction Lawyer of the Year in the 2014 edition of Who’s Who Legal: The International Who’s Who of Construction Lawyers.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ 5 out of 5 Peer Review Rated.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.