Recognized since 2007
Phil Gordon focuses his practice in the areas of private equity, hotel transactions and management agreements, corporate mergers and acquisitions, and representation of boards of directors of public companies. Over the years, he has supervised the acquisitions, financing and management agreement negotiations of more than 75 hotels in North America and Europe. He has also advised sponsors on establishing private equity funds and has represented portfolio companies of the private equity funds. Phil has handled numerous public and private corporate acquisitions and dispositions and has advised boards of directors and committees of boards of public companies on a range of topics.
Contact & Links
- 110 North Wacker Drive, 34th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
- University of Chicago, J.D., graduated 1969
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association
- Balliol College, Oxford - Member of the North American Campaign Board
- Lyric Opera of Chicago - Former Director
- Making Waves Foundation - Trustee
- Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies - Trustee and Former Chairman
- The Churchill Center - Director
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2024 for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell (AV, BV, and CV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., uses in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Ranked nationally in Chambers USA as a leading lawyer in Leisure & Hospitality (2009-2012)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law (2007-2012)
- Listed in Illinois Law & Politics, "Super Lawyers"
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Leisure and Hospitality Law
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.