Attorney at law
Founder of reuschlaw
Head of the machine construction & consumer goods industries departments
regulatory affairs and market measures
Assistant lecturer on product liability and product safety at the RWTH in Aachen
The emphasis in his consulting work is on national and international industrial enterprises in the machine construction, automotive supply and consumer goods industries. Philipp Reusch is an expert in the field of (international) product liability, product safety, compliance management and recall management. Other points of emphasis in his work as a legal consultant are insurance law, data protection and cyber security, and litigation. Based on his many years of practice in product liability law, Philipp Reusch has developed a range of specific consultancy products. They centre around the hybridisation of quality management and law, by implementing product compliance in companies’ process landscapes in the long term to cater to the dynamism and growing demands of digitalisation and Industry 4.0.
Following his training as a clerk in industry, Philipp Reusch studied law and economics in Saarbrücken. Having begun his professional career as a attorney in a law firm oriented toward middle-sized companies, he founded the first office of Reusch Rechtsanwälte in Saarbrücken in 2004, with the opening of the Berlin office following in 2013.
Awards & publications
From 2009 to 2017 he was voted Best Lawyers® Product Liability by ‘Best Lawyers’. In 2016, Finance Monthly honoured him with the award ‘lawyer of the year’ in the field of product liability for Germany. In the same year and in 2017 he was listed as best lawyer in the field of product liability by the Handelsblatt (Deutschlands beste Anwälte). Assistant lecturer in product liability and product safety at the RWTH in Aachen, Philipp Reusch is the author of numerous specialist publications (selection):
- Publication in ‘BetriebsBerater’, 15.16/2017, p. 841 ff.: “Internet der Dinge: Datenschutzrechtliche Anforderungen bei der Produktbeobachtung”. ("The Internet of Things: Product Surveillance Requirements under Data Protection Law") Dfv Mediengruppe: Frankfurt am Main
- Publication in ‘LEAD Digital’, 01/2017, p. 38 f.: “Wer haftet bei einem Hacker-Angriff?” ("Who is liable when there is a hacker attack?") Süddeutscher Verlag: Munich
- Author of the handbook „Qualität und Recht“ (“Quality and the Law”). Symposion Publishing: Düsseldorf, 2012
- Author of the practical guide „Compliance für KMU. Praxisleitfaden für den Mittelstand“ (“Compliance for SMEs. A practical guide for the midsize sector”). Erich Schmidt Verlag: Berlin, 2012
- Author of „Alles was Recht ist“. Quality Engineering, Konradin Verlag, since 2006
- Regular publications in „Qualität und Zuverlässigkeit“ (“Quality and Reliability”), Carl Hanser Verlag: Munich