Recognized since 2015
Project Finance Law
Real Estate Law
Philipp Duffy offers structured expertise and hands-on experience.
Philipp Duffy's practice focuses on real estate and infrastructure, including public-private partnerships and alternative procurement methods. His real estate expertise extends to project development, acquisitions and divestitures (of both single assets and asset portfolios) and land assembly, as well as leasing and real estate financing for a wide range of asset classes including industrial properties, office towers, resorts, custom-built buildings, residential condominiums and retail centres. With respect to infrastructure and public-private partnerships, he has represented clients in a variety of projects including highway, rail and light rail projects, several new hospitals, a medical research centre and detention centres. He has in-depth knowledge of the selection and contracting process of the Société québécoise des infrastructures (SQI).
As co-leader of our Construction Law team, Philipp Duffy represents a significant number of stakeholders, including real estate developers, builders, project owners, managers, investors and sponsors in a broad range of real estate and infrastructure-related matters. He has been involved in several major projects that have shaped and continue to shape the face of Greater Montréal, including Bell Canada’s Nun’s Island Campus, the Cité du Multimédia, the E-Commerce Place, the CRCHUM, the three phases of the Tours des Canadiens and, most recently, the new Turcot Interchange construction project. As partner to some of Montréal’s greatest builders, Philipp Duffy is helping to redesign the city’s landscape, one project at a time.
- 800 René-Lévesque Boulevard West, 26th floor
Montréal, QC H3B 1X9
- McGill University, B.C.L. and LL.B., graduated 1997
- McGill University, B.Com., graduated 1993
- Quebec, 1998
- Barreau du Québec - Member
- Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships - Member
- Fellow of the American College of Mortgage Attorneys (ACMA) - Member
- Fellow of the Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA) - Member
- Institut pour le partenariat public-privé - Member
- Urban Development Institute of Québec - Member
- Construction Law
- Project Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Lexpert® Special Edition on Infrastructure (Globe and Mail Report on Business) - Leading Infrastructure Lawyer
- Best Lawyers in Canada® - Real Estate Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory - Property Development and Property Leasing
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.