Recognized since 2007
New York, New York
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Philip M. Berkowitz is the U. S. practice co-chair of Littler's International Employment Law Practice Group. He advises multinational and domestic companies in a wide range of industries on employment-related matters. He has significant experience advising multinational companies regarding U. S. and overseas employment and executive compensation practices. He represents employers in individual and class action lawsuits and arbitrations, and he appears in U. S. federal and state courts and before administrative agencies and international arbitration tribunals.
Philip handles all regulatory facets of employment law, including:
- Compliance with equal employment and other statutes governing the workplace
- Employee benefits
- Executive compensation
- Employment agreements
- Restrictive covenants
- Trade secrets
- Non-compete agreements
His diverse selection of clients includes companies in financial services, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals and chemicals, publishing, and fundraising.
A respected authority on international employment law issues, Philip conducts training worldwide on labor and employment matters. He is a frequent speaker before the American Bar Association, the International Bar Association, the Japan Society and other prominent international organizations. Philip is the chair of the Practising Law Institute’s (PLI) 2013 Annual International Employment Law Conference.
Philip previously worked as a partner and head of international employment law at a full-service international law firm.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.littler.com/people/philip-m-berkowitz
- 900 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- Discrimination Law Committee - International Bar Association - Officer
- Employment Law Committee, International Law Section - American Bar Association - Vice-Chair
- International Employment Law Committee - New York State Bar Association - Founding Chair
- Japan Society Corporate Advisory Council - Member
- Counsels' Council, Pro Bono Legal Advisory Committee - Lincoln Center - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Title VII Litigation
- Trade Secrets
- Named, Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers - Who's Who Legal, 2011
- Named, America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Chambers USA, 2005-2013
- Named, International Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers - Who's Who Legal, 2012-2014
- Named, Who's Who in American Law, 2014
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.