Peter Moore is the Chairman of the Business Law Department and a member of the real estate practice group for Robinson, Waters and O’Dorisio. He serves as outside general counsel and corporate counsel for many local and regional businesses. Twenty years of experience as a commercial trial lawyer provides Peter with a unique perspective on his business practice and aids in his ability to structure deals and transactions in a way to minimize risk, avoid litigation, and efficiently achieve the client’s business goals. Prior to focusing his career on corporate, transactional, and real estate matters for clients over 20 years ago, he handled hundreds of litigation cases and successfully tried approximately 35 jury and bench trials in state and federal courts throughout the region.Peter has significant experience with transactional matters relating to purchase, sale, merger, and liquidation transactions, corporate finance, capital raises, start-up companies and entity formation. Key industries in which he focuses his practice include professional sports, energy and retail sporting goods. Peter also has significant experience with real estate transactions and commercial real estate and development issues. Prior to joining RWO in 2014, Peter was a Senior Partner in the corporate law department of a national law firm.
In 2014, he was recognized as the Community Leader of the Year by the South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce, and in 2018 he received the Summit Award from the Colorado Oil and Gas Association as the Industry Advocate of the Year. He recently authored (along with Bryan Biesterfeld of RWO) “Equipment Distributor Contracts: A Handbook for Successful Distributor-Manufacturer Relationship” (Associated Equipment Distributors, 2017). He also serves as outside general counsel for Major League Rugby, which is a new North American professional rugby league with 13 teams in the United States and Canada which commenced its third season of play in the spring of 2020. He currently serves as a member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors of the Colorado Business Roundtable.
Key matters that Peter has handled are:
- Currently serves as outside general counsel for Major League Rugby, a professional North American rugby league that commenced play in April 2018.
- Served as outside general counsel for a national retail CBD vendor.
- Drafted a $25 million master drilling agreement for a 100-plus well program for an exploration and production company; contract included the design and purchase and sale of specialized equipment necessary to complete work.
- Raised initial capital necessary to launch medical device manufacturer.
- Closed a $150 million mezzanine credit facility for a mid-continent drilling company.
- Served as lead counsel for the sale of assets and wind-up of a $100 million in sales, 90-store equipment rental company with operations in 16 states. Private liquidation of assets.
- Represented the prime owner of an aging shopping center in the Denver metropolitan area; redeveloped shopping center; and negotiated and redrafted all covenants and declarations. Shopping center today is very successful.
- Served as lead counsel in the liquidation and wind-up of a major Denver mid-sized law firm; employed accounting staff of five to complete work; addressed all creditor and ethical issues associated with wind-up.Lead counsel in the sale of an 18-store retail sporting goods company.
- Helped facilitate purchase of a number of commercial printing companies for a national consolidator.Negotiated and closed the stock sale of an established Minnesota manufacturing company to a venture capital group.
- Obtained a defense verdict after a three-week trial in favor of a Fortune 500 manufacturer in a multimillion dollar products liability lawsuit filed by a Colorado municipality. Successfully defended and obtained dismissal of subsequent appeal.
- Obtained defense verdicts in a series of jury and bench trials filed throughout Colorado with respect to a failed fast food franchise.Obtained a defense verdict and an award of attorney’s fees against a plaintiff in a fraud and breach of contract class action claim against a Colorado home builder.
- Obtained a multimillion dollar settlement for Denver advertising agency in a federal copyright infringement and breach of contract lawsuit.