- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., graduated 1977
- New York University, BA, graduated 1974
- Ohio, Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association - Member (President, 2004 – 2005; Treasurer, 1991-1993; Chairman of Grievance Committee, 1988-1989; Chairman of Investigative Sub-Committee, 1987-1988; Chairman of Criminal Law Committee, 1983-1984; Member of Executive Board, 1991-1993)
- Akron Bar Association Foundation - Fellow since 1990; Member, Board of Governors, 1997-2005, and 2008-present
- American Bar Association - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association - Member (Elected Member, Council of Delegates, 2005-2006, 2007-2008 and 2009-2010 terms)
- Scanlon/Bell Inn of Court - Member and Bencher (senior member)
- The University of Akron School of Law (1993 - present) - Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Akron (2018)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Akron (2016)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Akron (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Family Law
- Recognized by Inside Business Magazine since 2001 as a Leading Lawyer in Criminal Defense in Northeast Ohio, as voted by his peers.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2003 – 2013). Currently listed for the practice areas of Administrative/Regulatory Law and White-Collar Criminal Defense.
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio’s Super Lawyers® (2004 – 2013), as voted by his peers.
- Recognized in the 2009 – 2010 Corporate Counsel Editions and the 2011 Business Edition of Super Lawyers® for Criminal Defense: White Collar.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV® Preeminent™, which is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from members of the Bar.
Areas of Expertise:
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs, LLC
3800 Embassy Parkway, Suite 300
Akron, OH 44333
3 Office Locations
in 1 Country