Recognized since 2013
Employment Law - Management
As a member of the firm, Stroud Willink & Howard, LLC, Peter has focused his practice on business litigation and all types of employment related matters. He regularly advises businesses and individuals in their business affairs, and he has represented clients in state and federal court, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, and the Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission. Peter has assisted clients in matters involving the enforcement of their rights as creditors including in bankruptcy court. Peter also offers guidance and training to businesses on matters such as personnel policies, restrictive covenants, health care reform, contracts, and construction liens.
Peter, a Wisconsin native, grew up in Boscobel, Wisconsin, and attended the University of Wisconsin both as an undergraduate and as a law student. In 1995, he earned a BBA with honors and was inducted into the Phi Kappa Phi and Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Societies. He graduated, cum laude, from law school in 1998 and joined Stroud, Willink & Howard that same year.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.stroudlaw.com/attorney/peter-j-richter/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 33 East Main Street, Suite 610
P.O. Box 2236
Madison, WI 53701-2236
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, BBA, with honors, graduated 1995
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Belleville Youth Football, Inc. - member
- Dane County Bar Association - member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - member
- Wildcat Gridiron Club - member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Management
- Construction Law
- BV® Distinguished™ Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings
- Selected as a "Rising Star" on the Wisconsin Super Lawyer list by Law & Politics Magazine and Milwaukee Magazine in Employment and Labor
- Named a "Top Lawyer" by Madison Magazine in Labor and Employment, Environmental, and Consumer Law
- Member of In Business Magazine's "Executive Register"
Areas of Practice
Publications and Speaking Engagements
Wisconsin Civil Procedure Before Trial, State Bar of Wisconsin PINNACLE (Co-Author of Jurisdiction Chapter) , June 2011-2013
Author of "Employment Law Update" e-mail series
Speaker at various seminars, trade association events, and other forums including WLWCA Convention, Dane County Bar Association Seminar, and PIA Wisconsin Annual Convention (topics have included Health Care Reform, Tax and Legal Implications of Health Care Reform, Collection Strategies, Foreclosures and Related Legal Issues, Independent Contractors, and Non-Compete Agreements)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.