A frequent lecturer and author on diverse environmental issues, Peter McGrath brings to his wide-ranging clients extensive counseling and litigation experience with environmental issues arising in business and real estate transactions.
He provides his clients cutting-edge counsel on matters pertaining to:
- Clean Air Act
- Clean Water Act
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Other environmental and safety regulations
He also conducts pioneering environmental litigation and administrative actions, and manages environmental remediations under RCRA, CERCLA and analogous state laws. For example, Mr. McGrath led the successful defense of the first third-party administrative challenge to a landfill permit issued by the North Carolina Division of Solid Waste Management.
His extensive environmental litigation experience includes defense of Clean Water Act citizen suits, cases involving allegations of groundwater contamination, and defense of civil and criminal enforcement actions.
- Published in the Spring 2011 edition of the Charlotte Law Review
- Selected as a North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell