Recognized since 2007
Information Technology Law
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Pete offers extensive experience structuring and negotiating domestic and international agreements in the areas of cloud services, outsourcing, product development, software development, technology transfer, consulting services, telecommunications, data sharing, complex procurement arrangements, product distribution and sales, contract manufacturing, OEM and ODM arrangements, marketing and advertising services, content creation and distribution, corporate sponsorships, and various types of patent, trademark and copyright licenses. Pete regularly handles intellectual property issues in connection with public and private company mergers and acquisitions. The value of several of these transactions has exceeded one billion dollars. He also has significant international experience, including holding company, transfer pricing, export control and international distribution issues.
Pete has been materially involved in a number of high profile intellectual property disputes in a variety of industries, including the telecommunications, semiconductor, computer networking, automotive, clean-tech and health sciences industries. In 2005, he wrote significant portions of the appeal brief filed on behalf of AWH Corporation in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit en banc proceedings, Phillips v. AWH Corporation, concerning the procedures that should be used to determine patent claim construction. Most recently, Pete successfully represented a third-party semiconductor tooling manufacturer in connection with a government ITC investigation seeking to ban the importation of hard drives into the United States.
As a registered patent attorney, Pete counsels clients on patent matters, including, infringement, validity, and pre-litigation issues. While at US WEST Inc. he was responsible for managing over 1500 trademark applications and registrations in 62 countries and all trademark opposition and litigation proceedings.
Contact & Links
- 1900 Sixteenth Street, Suite 1400
Denver, CO 80202-5255
- North Dakota State University, BS
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association - Member
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Technology Law, Denver (2023)
- Technology Law, Denver (2021)
- Technology Law, Denver (2019)
- Technology Law, Denver (2017)
- Technology Law, Denver (2015)
- Technology Law, Denver (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Information Technology Law
- Technology Law
- IAM Licensing 250 – The World’s Leading Patent and Technology Licensing Lawyers
- Corporate Counsel Black Book, 2007 - 2008
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Intellectual Property, 2005 - present
- Listed in Intellectual Asset Management Patent 1000, 2012 - 2013
- Recognized as an IP Star by Managing IP, 2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.