Recognized since 2007
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Peter H. Lieberman is Co-Chair of the Chicago Corporate & Securities Practice. He has more than 20 years of broad experience in mergers and acquisitions, public company, and hedge fund matters, private equity, start-up and venture capital, and related securities regulation issues. Peter brings to his work a diverse transactional background, including a decade-long involvement in hedge fund transactions and securities trading and hedging issues. He has been involved in scores of PIPE and registered transactions involving common stock, convertible preferred stock, warrants and convertible debt. Peter has dealt with a myriad of structuring and SEC compliance issues related thereto. His work has also included involvement in special committee matters, management team matters, start-ups, restructurings, strategic and troubled company acquisition and disposition transactions, private equity and venture fund investments, acquisition and sale transactions, as well as fund formation, lending and financial advisory matters.
Peter trained at the New York law firm of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, where he was involved in both hostile and negotiated transactions (including proxy contests and the implementation of takeover defenses).
Contact & Links
- 77 West Wacker Drive, Suite 3100
Chicago, IL 60601
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association
- New York, New York State Bar Association
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- "Forty Under Forty," Crain's Chicago Business, 2000
- Winning Deal Team - Distressed M&A Deal of the Year (Over $100mm), 2011 Turnaround Awards, The M&A Advisor, 2011
- Winning Team, Global M&A Network’s 2012 Turnaround Atlas Award for “Private Equity Turnaround of the Year” for the Chapter 11 reorganization and acquisition of American Laser Skincare LLC
- Chambers USA Guide, 2010-2013
- Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America’s Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
- Leading Lawyers Network, 2005-2014
- Super Lawyers magazine, Illinois Super Lawyers, 2006-2010, 2014
"Peter Lieberman is the perfect combination of intellectual acumen and practical ability. He knows how to get the deal done. He is as impressive as they get."
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.