Recognized since 2005
Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
Peter Salomon, chair of Akerman’s Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Practice, has more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of executive compensation, employee benefit plan, tax, and Internal Revenue Code Section 409A issues. Ranked by Chambers USA, Peter concentrates his practice on the design and administration of all types of compensation plans and arrangements, including deferred compensation plans, stock and incentive plans, executive employment agreements, and change in control arrangements. A significant portion of his practice involves advising clients in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and other changes in capital structure with respect to employee benefit plans, compensation, and golden parachute issues.
Peter provides counsel to his clients on general employee benefits matters, including qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, welfare plans, and other employee benefit programs including the duties and responsibilities under ERISA and compliance with the reporting and disclosure requirements of the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA.
Peter represents public and private companies as well as executives and boards of directors across many business sectors, including private equity, automotive, banking, aviation, electronics, waste management, and correctional facilities. Peter is known for providing creative solutions and a commonsense approach to solving the most complicated client problems and his expert knowledge of the intricacies of the law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/peter-salomon.html
- Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 1100
98 Southeast Seventh Street
Miami, FL 33131
- University of Southern California, BS, graduated 1986
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- National Association of Stock Professionals - Member
- The Florida Bar, Employee Benefits Section - Co-Chair
- U.S. Tax Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Miami (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2014-2016, Listed in Florida for Employee Benefits
- Chambers USA 2007-2016, Ranked in Florida for Tax: Employee Benefits
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.