Recognized since 2006
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Director and Officer Liability Practice
Professional Malpractice Law
Peter is an Associate Counsel and member of the Commercial & Business Litgation, Professional Liability and Alternative Dispute Resolution Groups at Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP. He has built his reputation as an industry recognized and trusted advocate over the course of many trials, applications and appeals involving issues related to shareholder and partnership disputes, securities, directors’ and officers’ liability, professional negligence, construction, employment, estates, environmental law and real estate development, as well as a wide variety of contractual disputes.
Peter is frequently consulted by board members and shareholders in regard to both public and private company disputes. He also regularly represents some of Canada’s largest law firms. He has acted as counsel and arbitrator in a number of arbitrations involving commercial issues.
In addition, Peter has appeared before a wide variety of regulatory tribunals, including the Ontario and Nova Scotia Securities Commissions, and the Discipline Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario. He regularly appears as a prosecutor before the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.Peter acted as lead counsel for a group of affected families before the Inquiry Into Pediatric Forensic Pathology in Ontario and a citizens group in the Cornwall Public Inquiry.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.singleton.com/people/peter-wardle
- 150 King Street West, Suite 2512
PO Box 24
Toronto, ON M5H 1J9
- Ontario, 1986
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers. - Fellow
- Bencher - Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member - Law Society Tribunal’s Appeal Panel
- Past Director - The Advocates’ Society
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Securities Law, Toronto, Canada (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Director and Officer Liability Practice
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Securities Law
- Recognized by LEXPERT for in the areas of corporate commercial litigation, professional liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, and securities litigation.
- Designated by Martindale-Hubbell as “AV® Preeminent™” – its highest peer review rating.
- Ranked by Best Lawyers for his work in directors’ and officers’ liability and securities litigation.
- Peter is described by Chambers Global as an “excellent, skilled advocate with solid judgment”.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.