Recognized since 2012
Los Angeles, California
Litigation - Environmental
Pete regularly represents clients in matters involving investigation, remedial or corrective action requirements at contaminated sites, including enforcement proceedings. He routinely interfaces with federal and state regulatory agencies and has appeared in numerous administrative proceedings, appeals and subsequent writ actions.
Pete has represented clients at numerous USEPA Region IX and state Superfund, RCRA and sediment cleanup sites. Additionally, Pete advises clients regarding compliance with water quality and NPDES requirements arising under the federal Clean Water Act and California’s Porter-Cologne Water Quality Act. This includes extensive experience addressing storm water permit requirements.
His broad litigation experience extends to federal and state courts, including successfully resolving numerous cost recovery, toxic tort and citizen suits. He has successfully utilized chemical forensics and fingerprinting to apportion or avoid liability.
Pete is listed in Chambers USA and The Best Lawyers in America as among the top environmental practitioners in California. He is “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Contact & Links
- 2049 Century Park East, Suite 2600
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- University of California Davis , J.D., graduated 1995
- University of California Los Angeles, BA, graduated 1991
- California, The State Bar of California
- Los Angeles Country Bar Association, Environmental Law Section - Treasurer
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Environmental Law, Los Angeles (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Chambers USA - California: Best Environment Lawyers, 2007-Present
- Southern California Super Lawyers - Environmental, 2005- Present
- Super Lawyers Business Editiion - Construction, Real Estate & Environmental, 2012 -
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.