Recognized since 2014
Paul Stoyan is the Chairman of Gardiner Roberts and practises business law with a special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and corporate governance. His varied experience makes him a valued corporate counsel to large and medium-size corporations of all types. He has worked extensively with various companies in the technology and financial sectors and has assisted such companies in various cross-border transactions, in going public and in establishing and enforcing corporate governance regimes.
Paul has completed the Directors Program at the University of Toronto Rotman School of Management in conjunction with the Institute of Corporate Directors, and he holds the certified director designation ICD.D.
Paul is currently a director of Element Financial Corporation, serving as Chair of Element’s Compensation and Governance Committee and Enghouse Systems Limited, serving as Chair of Enghouse’s Governance Committee, both publicly-traded companies listed on the TSX. Paul has served as a director of several other companies, including Open Text Corporation.
Currently Paul serves on the Advisory Council for Peacebuilders International and has also served on a number of not-for-profit boards, including the board of the National Ballet School of Canada, having sat on its Finance Committee which oversaw the development of Project Grand Jeté on Jarvis Street in Toronto. In addition, he serves on the board of the Canadian Centre for Ethics and Corporate Policy. Paul is also the Past Chair of the Business Law Section of the Ontario Bar Association and continues to be a member of the Business Law Section’s executive committee.
For several years, Paul has lectured on a number of programs for the Business Law Section of the Ontario Bar, most recently in the area of advising on corporate boards on issues of director’s liability and on conflicts.
- Numerous domestic and international financing and merger/acquisition transactions, a number of which have been reported in Lexpert
- Various cross-border transactions
- Various competition matters, including submissions to the Competition Bureau on mergers
- Advising venture capitalists in connection with acquisition and structuring issues and exit strategies
- Advising lenders on secured financing transactions and “work-out” arrangements
- Establishment of distribution and technology arrangements for corporate clients
- Advising on various health law matters, including nursing home and retirement home acquisitions
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.grllp.com/profile/paulstoyan
- Bay Adelaide Centre, East Tower
22 Adelaide Street West, Suite 3600
Toronto, ON M5H 4E3
- Ontario, 1985
- Ontario, 1985
25 The Best Lawyers in Canada™ awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Corporate Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.