Paul Foster is the President, Senior Shareholder and founder of Paul Foster Law Offices, P.C., located in Norman, Oklahoma. Mr. Foster graduated from the University of Oklahoma school of Law in 1984, thereafter engaging in private practice involving bank representation, corporate transactional matters, commercial lending and litigation in Oklahoma City before joining the Oklahoma State Banking Department in 1989. Mr. Foster served in the Department as General Counsel for the OSBD Commissioner from 1989-1999 when he returned to private practice and founded Paul Foster Law Offices.
In over 27 years of law practice, Mr. Foster has been involved in both state and national bank, as well as holding company, legal, regulatory, consumer and commercial matters. While General Counsel to the OSBD Commissioner, Mr. Foster was active in both state and national regulatory matters including leading both the drafting committee for the redraft of the Oklahoma Banking Code and the drafting committee for supervisory agreements amongst state and federal examiners for multi-state regulation of banks and bank holding companies. Mr. Foster was chosen to serve as a leader in numerous state, regional and national banking law projects and training involving bank legal and regulatory issues, and he chaired the national CSBS annual legal conference hosted by the National Judicial College.
Following his tenure with the Banking Department, Mr. Foster was selected to represent the CBAO in rewriting and restructuring the Oklahoma branch banking and structure statutes. Mr. Foster currently serves as general counsel to the CBAO and is the 2012 recipient of the Chairman’s Award.
Mr. Foster has also served as an officer in various roles including Chairman of the Oklahoma Bar Association’s Financial Institutions and Commercial Law Section and as a member of the Oklahoma UCC Legislative Committee for Revised Article 9 of the UCC. Mr. Foster has served as an invited speaker for numerous banking and banking law seminars and the local, regional, and national training of bankers and their legal and regulatory counsel. Mr. Foster has written on various topics, some articles and topics include:
- Intersection of Bank Regulation and Commercial Law
- Banking Affiliates and Reg W
- Bank Regulatory Traps for the Commercial Lawyer in Oklahoma
- The Oklahoma Financial Privacy Act
- Failing Bank Acquisitions from the FDIC or Sellers
- Navigating the Regulatory Puzzle-Acquiring and Selling a Bank or Branch
Mr. Foster is currently in private practice advising and representing banks, holding companies, bank directors and bank owners in legal and regulatory banking matters such as:
- All matters of restructure and formation of bank holding companies
- Bank capital and insurance matters
- Bank mergers, acquisitions, expansion, and sales
- Commercial, bank holding company, bank subsidiary and bank affiliate legal and regulatory matters on the local and federal levels, including defending banks and bank directors regarding regulatory enforcement, removal, civil money penalties, and other regulatory enforcement actions before all banking agencies and courts.
Admitted to Practice: OK, Northern, Eastern, and Western U.S. District Courts 10th, 5th and 7th U.S. Circuit Courts
He may be contacted at his Norman, Oklahoma office at (405) 329-9101 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.