Recognized since 2008
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Paul Lagnese is a partner with Berger & Lagnese, LLC. Mr. Lagnese focuses on representing people who have been injured because of the mistakes of doctors and hospitals. One area of special interest for Mr. Lagnese has been representing children who have suffered severe brain injuries at the time of birth. One of his cases resulted in a $6,000,000 jury verdict against Indiana Hospital and one of its doctors for a little girl who was caused to suffer from severe Cerebral Palsy because of the negligence of the doctor and the hospital nurses during the girl’s birth.
In November of 2010, Paul obtained a $10,000,000 verdict against UPMC in a medical malpractice case. This verdict was the largest medical malpractice verdict ever in Allegheny County.
In May of 2008, Mr. Lagnese obtained verdict of $2,500,000 against UPMC for the family of a 24 year old man. The jury found that the young man’s death was caused by the failure of UPMC to have properly trained and supervised a newly hired nurse.
Mr. Lagnese graduated from Lafayette College in 1983. In 1987, he graduated from Duquesne University School of Law. Mr. Lagnese is a member of the American Assocation of Justice, the a member of the Board of Governors of the Pennsylvania Association of Justice and is currently the Immediate Past President of the Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Lagnese has received the highest rating (AV) from the national lawyer's directory Martindale Hubbell. In 2007 Mr. Lagnese was selected for induction into the Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers. Mr. Lagnese was selected to be included in the 2008-2014 editions of “The Best Lawyers in America” under Medical Malpractice Law-Plaintiff. In 2014 Mr. Lagnese was also selected to be included in the "The Best Lawyers in America" under Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs and Products Liability Litigation-Plaintiffs.
- 310 Grant Steet, Suite 720
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Duquesne University, JD, graduated 1987
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association - Sec.
- Pennsylvania - Intermediate Appellate Courts
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Pittsburgh (2023)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Birth Trauma
- Hospital Malpractice
- Medical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Pennsylvania Association of Justice Community Service Award
- Medical Malpractice Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.