A frequent speaker on litigation and arbitration issues and an adjunct professor at the University of Notre Dame Law School, Paul Peralta brings extensive successful high-stakes trial experience to his varied litigation clients.
He has handled wide-ranging employment and commercial litigation, including management representation in Title VII, ADEA, ADA and ERISA litigation, as well as proceedings before the EEOC and corresponding state and local agencies.
Additionally, Mr. Peralta has counseled and represented clients on employment termination cases; breach of contract claims; trade secret disputes; enforcement/challenge of non-compete, confidentiality and non-solicitation agreements in injunctive and trial proceedings; and product liability litigation.
His trial experience includes federal and state courts in North Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana, Ohio, Texas, Michigan and Illinois, and appeals in the United States Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals; Indiana Supreme Court; Indiana Courts of Appeals; Illinois Appellate Court; Florida Court of Appeals; and Minnesota Court of Appeals.
- Selected as Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America- 2012
- Member, Wage and Hour Defense Institute- 2012
- Adjunct assistant professor of law, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2000 to 2004; 2006-present
- Fluent in Spanish
- Speaker, Inter-American Bar Foundation Program on Alternative Dispute Resolution in El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras
- Faculty member, National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) – Midwest Regional Program, Bloomington, Indiana, 1999-2003