Paul J. Morassutti
Recognized in:Real Estate Law
Law School:Osgoode Hall Law School
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B, graduated 1986
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association, Real Property Section - Former Cabinet and Executive Member
- ICSC - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
- NAIOP - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- KingSett Capital in its redevelopment of a mixed-use retail, office and residential tower in downtown Toronto.
- Royal Bank of Canada on the purchase and subsequent sale–lease back of a downtown office tower.
- Osmington Inc. on the sale of various shopping centres.
- Standard Life in its $120 million financing of the acquisition of Adelaide Place, Toronto, ON, and numerous other mortgage loans.
- A national accounting firm on its head office lease and other office lease transactions across Canada.
- Forever 21, Ann Taylor, Vitamin Shoppe and other US retailers on their expansion into Canada.
- Purolator Courier Limited on all aspects of its real estate matters including the acquisition of lands for its new central hub and other business-critical acquisitions and leases of significant depot locations, including the acquisition, design-build and lease-back of 12 facilities across Canada from a REIT.
- A prominent developer in the acquisition and financing of a prime mixed-use development site in downtown Toronto from an insolvent vendor.
- Imperial Oil Limited in its disposition program relating to surplus sites in Ontario, the negotiation and creation of an easement to accommodate a pipeline linking two refineries, numerous contaminated lands issues and its head office lease in Calgary.
- Vale Inco Limited in the negotiation of its new head office lease, comprising eight full floors of a major downtown office tower, other acquisitions, dispositions and related realty tax assessment issues.
- Standard Life in the $90 million dollar financing of a mixed-use retail, office and residential project built on lands subject to a long-term ground lease from the National Capital Commission.
- Toyotoshi Group Canada on its leasing, acquisition, development and construction of various automobile dealerships in Canada.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018