Paul is a Partner in K&L Gates’ Brisbane Office. He advises on a wide range of safety and employment issues as well as commercial disputes and administrative law matters. Paul specialises in the defence of regulatory prosecutions including for Work Health and Safety, Environmental Protection and Corporation Act prosecutions.
Paul has over 20 years experience which includes:
- The defence of Workplace Health & Safety, Environmental and Corporation Act prosecutions on behalf of energy, construction and Government owned entities
- Advising Commonwealth and State Government departments in respect of administrative law issues, including statutory interpretation, judicial review and merits review
- Conducting internal workplace investigations and dealing with investigations by regulatory agencies including Workplace Health and Safety Queensland, Environmental Protection Agency, WorkCover, Fair Work Ombudsman, the Department of Immigration and Citizenship and ASIC
- Preparing all forms of employment contracts, including executive contracts, protection of confidential information and restraints of trade
- Acting in Royal Commissions and Commissions of Inquiry.