Recognized since 1993
Greensboro, North Carolina
Trusts and Estates
Paul Livingston divides his time between advising nonprofits (public charities and private foundations) and estate planning.
In his work with nonprofits Mr. Livingston serves as counsel to a number of large, public charities advising them on tax and governance matters. He also assists families in the formation and qualification of private foundations, and advises private foundations, both grant-making and operating, on tax and governance matters. Mr. Livingston has a special interest in succession planning for private foundations.
In his work in estate planning, Mr. Livingston focuses his advice not only on the legal and tax aspects of transactions to implement estate plans, but draws on many years of experience to counsel families on their options to efficiently transition wealth to younger generations and to explore and achieve the family’s philanthropic goals. Mr. Livingston has advised a number of families in developing and implementing succession plans for family businesses that have preserved these businesses for succeeding generations at minimal transfer tax costs.
Mr. Livingston is married to Mary, has three children and five grandchildren. He enjoys golf, boating, hunting and fishing.
- 1000 Renaissance Plaza, 230 North Elm Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S.
- Wake Forest University, J.D.
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel - Fellow
- North Carolina Bar Association - Past Chair Tax Section
- North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization - Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law
- Well Spring Retirement Community, Inc. - Member of the Board of Directors
- Trusts and Estates
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.