Paul A. Kinne
Recognized since 2016
Employment Law - Individuals
I learned the value of hard work growing up on a dairy farm, and it stuck with me. I have always loved to learn and did well in school, graduating from UW Madison, where I received my law degree in 1993. I have been a partner at Gingras, Cates & Luebke since 2000. My practice areas include whistleblower cases, employment law, civil rights, professional malpractice, personal injury and family law.
I was raised to care deeply about the welfare of others, and that value is reflected in the work I do as a lawyer. I love helping people with their problems, whether it be a mistreated employee, an injured driver, or someone brave enough to draw attention to wrongdoing who then faces retaliation because of that bravery. My professional and no-nonsense style has earned me the respect of my opponents and the legal community. I have also given back to my community, having served on city council, school board, the police commission and my church’s stewardship committee.
But I am most proud of being a husband and father. I married my wife in 1998, and we now have three school-aged children. Sometimes I think they have taught me more than I have taught them. Like me, they love ice hockey. Unlike me, they are good at it – I can barely skate. But I love going to the rink every weekend from October through early March to watch them, even if it means driving to Eagle River in February.
Contact & Links
- Direct Phone Number: 608-833-2632
- Phone Number: 608-833-2632
- Lawyer Page: https://www.gtwlawyers.com/wisconsin-attorneys/paul-a-kinne/
- 8150 Excelsior Drive
Madison, WI 53717
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, J.D., graduated 1993
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, B.A. , graduated 1990
- Wisconsin, U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin, U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin, U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Wisconsin, 1993
- American Association for Justice - Member
- City of Middleton Common Council - Member
- City of Middleton, Police Commission - Member
- Dane County Bar Association - Member
- Middleton Cross Plains Area School District School Board - Member
- Middleton/Cross Plains Area School District Board - Member
- St Luke Lutheran Church - Chair of the Stewardship Committee
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- Wisconsin Association for Justice - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Employment Law - Individuals, Madison (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer – 2009 - 2015
- Wisconsin Rising Star – 2006 - 2007
- Best Lawyers in America - 2016 - Employment Law - Individuals
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.