Recognized since 2009
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Banking and Finance Law
Real Estate Law
Mr. Richard has represented both individuals, and companies and underwriters, and led legal teams in the acquisition, financing, development, operation and sale of commercial, industrial, agricultural properties and businesses.
His practice includes representation of banking and lending institutions in financing transactions, drafting and negotiating contracts, leases, and servitude agreements, acquiring and developing real estate and commercial business establishments, representing owners of large franchise chains, representing owners of multifamily apartment complexes, representing utilities, agriculture and marketing cooperatives and trade associations, drafting and enforcing subdivision and condominium restrictions for highly regulated developments, entity and joint venture formation, general counseling of both established and emerging businesses, mergers and acquisitions, and debt and equity financing and restructuring.
Mr. Richard serves as general counsel to many of his clients and assists them, with the help of other experienced Phelps Dunbar attorneys, in accomplishing their legal needs. He frequently serves as a guest lecturer on purchase agreements at the LSU law school. Mr. Richard also serves as the managing partner of the Baton Rouge office.
Contact & Links
- II City Plaza, Suite 1100
400 Convention Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802-5618
- Louisiana State University Law Center, J.D., graduated 1993
- Vanderbilt University , BS, graduated 1990
- Louisiana, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Baton Rouge Bar Association - Member
- Baton Rouge Property Lawyers Association - Member
- Louisiana Bankers Association - Member
- Louisiana Land Title Association - Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Real Estate Law, Baton Rouge (2022)
- Banking and Finance Law, Baton Rouge (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Franchise Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- The Best Lawyers in America
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.