Recognized in:Tax Law
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- New York University, graduated 2003
- Canada, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, International Section - Co-Chair of Taxation Committee
- Canadian Tax Foundation - Member
- International Fiscal Association - Canadian Branch Treasurer
- New York University, International Tax Program Practice Council - Member
- Ontario Bar Association, New York Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Tax Law
- Canadian Who’s Who
- Lexpert’s Top 40 Under 40
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Corporate Tax
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Business Lawyers : Tax
- Bank of Montreal in connection with its acquisition of F&C Asset Management plc.
- Royal Bank of Canada in connection with its acquisition of the Canadian automobile finance and deposit business of Ally Financial Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in connection with their joint acquisition of Q9 Networks with Bell Canada, Providence Equity Partners and Madison Dearborn Partners for approximately C$1.1 billion in cash.
- TD Securities (USA) LLC v. The Queen, 2010 TCC 186 - Overturned the CRA’s long-standing policy of denying treaty benefits to US limited liability companies.
- BMO Financial Group in connection with its 2011 acquisition of Marshall & Ilsley Corporation.
- China Investment Corporation in connection with its subsidiary’s $1.26 billion investment in PennWest Energy.
- China Investment Corporation in connection with its subsidiary’s US$500 million investment in secured convertible debentures issued by SouthGobi Energy Resources Ltd., a TSX-listed mining company.
- BMO Financial Group in its acquisition of the Diners Club North American Franchise from Citigroup.
- Kinross Gold in its acquisition of Red Back Mining Inc. (largest M&A transaction in Canada in 2010).
- Royal Bank of Canada in its US$2.2 billion acquisition of RBTT Financial Group.
- Royal Bank of Canada in its $1.35 billion acquisition of Phillips, Hager & North Investment Management Ltd.
- Toronto-Dominion Bank in its US$8.5 billion acquisition of Commerce Bancorp Inc.
- China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) in its US$4.2 billion acquisition of PetroKazakhstan Inc. (then the largest foreign acquisition by a Chinese company), and the subsequent sale of 33% interest in PetroKazakhstan to JSC KazMuniGas.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018