Recognized since 2006
Vancouver, British Columbia
Commercial Leasing Law
Real Estate Law
As the senior partner of the Commercial Real Estate group, Patrick brings a wealth of experience and success to the table. He is widely recognized for his expertise and effectiveness in this practice area.
Patrick works with commercial developers, landlords, tenants, and brokers. His practice encompasses an extensive range of commercial real estate law, including:
- Land assemblies
- Bare land strata plans
- Developments (office, retail, institutional, hotel & resort, industrial, recreational, residential)
- Real estate transactions (purchase and sale, commercial and industrial leasing)
- Structuring forms of ownership and transactions
He works closely with other members of the Commercial Real Estate team and his clients, to ensure that advice given is appropriate, effective and timely.
Patrick keeps current on industry trends by regularly attending meetings and events held by NAIOP, UDI, and ICSC. He was also invited to and attended the Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute at Georgetown University. He also serves as and Editorial Board Member for the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia's Commercial Leasing—Annotated Precedents publication.
- 885 West Georgia Street, 19th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6C 3H4
- British Columbia, The Law Society of British Columbia 1979
- British Columbia Air Space Subdivision Task Force - Member
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) - Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Real Property, Banking, Municipal, Environmental and Business Law Subsections - Member
- Coastal Foundation for the Preforming Arts - Board Member
- Coastal Jazz and Blues Society - President (former)
- Equitable Real Estate Investment Corp. - Board Member
- Land Title & Survey Authority of British Columbia - Board Member
- Lottee & John Hecht Memorial Foundation - Chair
- NAIOP - The Association for Commercial Real Estate - Member
- The International Council of Shopping Centres - Member
- The Mortgage Investment Association - Member
- Urban Development Institute (UDI) - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Commercial Leasing Law, Vancouver, Canada (2021)
- Real Estate Law, Vancouver, Canada (2020)
- Real Estate Law, Vancouver, Canada (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Leasing Law
- Real Estate Law
- Property Development
- Patrick was the 2006 recipient of the Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Community Service award.
Practice Areas Most Frequently Recommended For
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.