Mr. McHale represents public and private employers and non-profit organizations in all aspects of labor relations and employment law, including union representation elections, collective bargaining, contract administration, personnel policies and practices, wage and hour disputes, equal employment opportunity, employment litigation, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation and related matters. His practice includes representation of employers in federal and state courts and before the American Arbitration Association, the National Labor Relations Board, the Connecticut State Board of Mediation and Arbitration, the Connecticut State Board of Labor Relations, the Connecticut Freedom of Information Commission and various other administrative agencies.
- Fairfield University, BA, graduated 1986
- Connecticut, - District of Connecticut
- Connecticut, - State of Connecticut
- American Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Public Employer Labor Relations Association - Member
- Hartford County Bar Association - Member
- Industrial Relations Research Association - Member
- International Personnel Management Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Labor Law - Management, Hartford (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Mr. McHale has been selected to be listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the practice areas of Employment Law – Management and Labor Law – Management since 2009.
- Mr. McHale has also been selected as a Connecticut and New England Super Lawyer®: Employment and Labor from 2007-2015.
- Mr. McHale has received a peer review rating of “BV Distinguished” from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Mr. McHale was named the Best Lawyers’ 2013 Hartford Labor Law – Management “Lawyer of the Year”.
- Arbitration and Mediation
- National Labor Relations Board
- Public and Private Sectors
- State and Federal
- Wage-Hour Law