Recognized since 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Patrick J. Hagerty is a native of St. Louis. He completed his undergraduate studies at Quincy College in 1981. He received his law degree in 1985 from Saint Louis University School of Law, and served as an editor of the Saint Louis University Law Journal.
Mr. Hagerty is licensed to practice in Missouri and Illinois, and in federal district courts and courts of appeal in Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Arkansas and the Sixth, Seventh and Eighth Circuits.
He serves on the Board of Governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys (MATA) and is Chair of its Committee on Legislative Issues-Venue. Mr. Hagerty also serves as a member of the Constitutional Review Committee for MATA. In 2004, he received MATA’s President’s Award. He is an active member in the Railroad Law section of the American Association for Justice. He is a former board member of the International Society of Primerus Law Firms, which is dedicated to advancing civility, integrity and professionalism in the practice of law.
In 2014, Mr. Hagerty was elected Treasurer of the American Board of Trial Advocates of Eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois. Mr. Hagerty has tried numerous cases under the federal laws applicable to the railroad industry, in courts across the country. He has also tried several medical malpractice cases, including obtaining a verdict of over $6 million in St. Louis County Circuit Court.
Mr. Hagerty has been admitted as a Fellow of the International Society of Barristers and is an Advocate of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He was named the Best Lawyers® 2017 St. Louis Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year” and is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Railroad Law. He has an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which is the highest given. Mr. Hagerty has been annually selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers [among the top 5 percent of lawyers in Missouri and Kansas] since 2006, in the areas of Transportation, Maritime, Litigation, and Personal Injury.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.grgpc.com/attorneys/patrick-j-hagerty/
- 701 Market Street, Suite 800
St. Louis, MO 63101
- Saint Louis University, J.D., graduated 1985
- Quincy University, BS, graduated 1981
- Missouri, The Missouri Bar
- Illinois, Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Public Justice Foundation - Board Member
- Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys - Member
- American Association of Justice - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Associate
- International Society of Barristers - Fellow
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys - Board of Governors
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, St. Louis (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Railroad Law
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2006-present
- President’s Award, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, 2004
- Best Lawyers 2017 St. Louis Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs "Lawyer of the Year"
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.