Recognized since 2014
Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
Patrick Fiedler is a trial lawyer and partner at the Madison, Wisconsin law firm Hurley, Burish & Stanton, SC. He focuses his practice on civil litigation including professional liability, tort defense, insurance defense and products liability. In addition, he provides mediation and arbitration in all types of cases including professional malpractice claims, civil rights issues, condemnation (eminent domain), reinsurance issues, family disputes, personal injury and divorce. He also offers representation in select criminal matters.
Mr. Fiedler’s approach to his law practice reflects his diverse, 35-year career in the law. In addition to 18 years as a Dane County Circuit Court judge, Mr. Fiedler has been U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin, Secretary of the Wisconsin Department of Corrections, a Waukesha County prosecutor and a private practitioner. He has tried over 60 jury cases and many trials to the court, and presided over hundreds of trials as a judge.
Because he has managed complex, high-stakes cases from every seat in the courtroom, Mr. Fiedler has the unique ability to assess the strengths and weaknesses on both sides, to focus quickly on the central issues in each dispute and to connect with juries. His extensive courtroom experience also allows him to assemble the strongest possible team of expert witnesses to assist in each client’s defense.
Mr. Fiedler’s dedication to serving justice has been recognized with numerous honors. In 2012, lawyers both within and outside the state elected him president of the State Bar of Wisconsin for the 2013-2014 term. In 2008, the Wisconsin Victim/Witness Professional Association selected Mr. Fiedler to receive its Victim Advocacy Award, and in 2007 the American Board of Trial Advocates honored him as ‘Judge of the Year’ for his thorough preparation, breadth of knowledge of the law, decisive rulings and courtesy to litigants, jurors and members of the bar.
A frequent presenter on a variety of legal topics, Mr. Fiedler has served on the faculty of the Wisconsin Judicial College and has taught at the UW Law School. He has also published numerous articles in professional legal journals.
A native of Mineral Point, Mr. Fiedler graduated from UW-Milwaukee with a degree in business and from Marquette University Law School. He and his wife, Sandy, have three children and five grandchildren.
Admitted to practice in the State Courts of Wisconsin, Eastern District of Wisconsin, Western District of Wisconsin and United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 608-257-0945
- Phone Number: 608-257-0945
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hurleyburish.com/our-team/patrick-j-fiedler/
- 33 East Main Street, Suite 400
Madison, WI 53701
- Marquette University, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, BBA
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Arbitration Association - Mediator and Arbitrator
- National Association of Distinguished Neutrals - Mediator and Arbitrator
- Dane County Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member / Former President
- University of Wisconsin Law School - Former Instructor (1998-2001)
- Wisconsin Judicial College - Former Associate Dean (2003 – 2009) / Former Faculty (1999-2009)
- US District Court, WD/WI
- US District Court, ED/WI
- US 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Arbitration, Madison (2023)
- Mediation, Madison (2023)
- Mediation, Madison (2021)
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Madison (2020)
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Madison (2018)
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Madison (2015)
- Commercial Litigation
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Named a top Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law attorney in The Best Lawyers In America©
- Received the Victim Advocacy Award from the Wisconsin Victim/Witness Professional Association in 2008
- Received the Trial Judge of the Year Award from the American Board of Trial Advocates – Wisconsin Chapter in 2007
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Family Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.