Recognized since 2018
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Litigation - Insurance
Pat Murphy has spent his career in litigation. He is an experienced trial attorney whose practice is focused on representing businesses in commercial, business and intellectual property litigation. His diverse experience includes handling matters involving contract disputes, non-competition and non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, real estate, adverse possession, easements, boundary disputes, property law, construction, intellectual property disputes, trademark and copyright infringement, trade secrets, unfair competition, injunctions, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, product liability, insurance defense, disputes between owners of closely held businesses, and bet-the-company litigation. Pat has been lead counsel on more than 100 jury trials and more than 1,000 arbitrations, mediations, depositions and hearings.
Fort Wayne raised, Pat is an AV®Preeminent™* rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been selected since 2018 inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® publication, and has been listed in the Indiana Super Lawyers® publication since 2014. He supports various community activities through volunteer work, including Junior Achievement programs, and as a frequent youth sports coach. He has served on the board of directors for the Community Harvest Food Bank and the Embassy Theatre Foundation. Pat is currently the chair of the Mastodon Athletic Advisory Board and is a member of The Redemption House Board of Directors. He has been an adjunct professor at Purdue Fort Wayne and a guest lecturer for MBA students at the University of Saint Francis. In addition to earning a Fellowship in the Trial Lawyer Honorary Society, he is a member of the Allen County and Indiana State Bar associations, the Defense Research Institute, the Defense Trial Counsel Institute, and the Litigation Counsel of America.
Pat obtained his B.S., Business, from Indiana University in 1993, and his J.D. in 1996 from the Indiana University School of Law. He is admitted to practice before the Indiana state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana. Pat has been admitted Pro Hac Vice in other jurisdictions.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 260-423-8971
- Lawyer Page: https://www.barrettlaw.com/our-people/patrick-g-murphy
- 215 East Berry Street
P.O. Box 2263
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapoli, J.D., graduated 1996
- Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne, B.S., graduated 1993
- Indiana, 1996
- Allen County Bar Association - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- Defense Trial Counsel Institute - Member
- Indiana State Bar Association - Member
- Litigation Counsel of America - Member
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Litigation - Insurance, Fort Wayne (2022)
- Litigation - Insurance
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.