Recognized since 2006
Newark, New Jersey
Mr. Dunican is a nationally recognized law firm leader who was elected Managing Director of Gibbons in 2004, at the age of 36, and was highlighted by Law360 during his tenure as one of the nation’s most innovative managing partners. He was named the firm’s Executive Chairperson in 2022.
Mr. Dunican led the firm’s growth into a major Mid-Atlantic regional powerhouse. He accomplished this by establishing a corporate management model and implementing innovations to advance Gibbons as a standard-setting 21st-century law firm, supported by state-of-the-art facilities and technology, streamlined expenses, and an outstanding management team to execute, evaluate, and refine these policies and platforms.
As a result of his many achievements, New Jersey Law Journal has honored Mr. Dunican twice in recent years, with a “Trailblazer” Award for his unique foresight regarding comprehensive emergency planning, which enabled him to lead a particularly well-prepared firm through unprecedented business conditions during the COVID-19 crisis; and designation as one of the state’s “Distinguished Leaders” in the legal industry. He is one of a select few business leaders to be named to the annual NJBIZ “Power 100” list of the most influential people in New Jersey business for more than 10 consecutive years. He similarly has appeared on the “Influencers Power List” of the most influential people in New Jersey business each year ROI-NJ has published that feature.
A regular Irish Legal 100 honoree, Mr. Dunican received a 2019 Tip O’Neill Award from the Donegal County (Ireland) Council, presented annually to people of Irish background in recognition of achievements in their chosen fields and their interest in and support for Ireland and its diaspora. In 2017, he was the Essex County Bar Association’s selection for a Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, presented by the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law in conjunction with bar associations throughout the state.
A litigation attorney and member of the firm’s Commercial & Criminal Litigation Group, Mr. Dunican is listed in both New Jersey and New York Super Lawyers for business litigation and in Best Lawyers® for commercial litigation. His legal practice focuses on broad commercial litigation, securities litigation, and litigation involved in public/private infrastructure projects.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.gibbonslaw.com/professionals/patrick-c-dunican-jr
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One Gateway Center
Newark, NJ 07102-5310
- Seton Hall University , J.D., graduated 1991
- Iona College, B.A, graduated 1988
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia
- New Jersey, State of New Jersey
- New York, State of New York
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Association of the Federal Bar for the District of New Jersey - Member
- Best Lawyers Advisory Board - Member
- Essex County Bar Association - Member
- Independent College Fund of New Jersey - Trustee, 2017–2021
- Iona College Board of Legal Trustees - Chair, 2020-present; Trustee, 2013-present
- Iona College Board of Legal Trustees - Trustee
- Irish American Bar Association - Founding Member
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center - Board Director, Council Trustee
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey State Bar Foundation - Second Vice President, 2012-2014; Treasurer, 2011-2012; Secretary, 2009-2011; Trustee, 2007-2009
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Seton Hall University School of Law - Chair, Board of Visitors, 2013-2016; Vice Chair, 2009-2013
- The Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey - Trustee
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Recipient, Thurgood Marshall College Fund Award of Excellence, 2014
- Recipient, Donegal County (Ireland) Council Tip O’Neill Irish Diaspora Award, 2019
- Named one of New Jersey Law Journal’s Distinguished Leaders, 2017
- Recipient, Essex County Bar Association and New Jersey Commission on Professionalism “Professional Lawyer of the Year Award,” 2017
- Recipient, AJC New Jersey Judge Learned Hand Award, 2016
- Recipient, Seton Hall University School of Law’s Saint Thomas More Medal, 2015
- Named to the “Law Power 50” list by NJBIZ, 2019-2022
- Named to the ROI-NJ “Influencers Power List: Lawyers,” 2018-2022
- Named one of NJBIZ's "100 Most Powerful People in New Jersey Business," 2011-2021
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, Business Litigation
- Selected to the New York Super Lawyers list, Business Litigation
- Listed as a "State Litigation Star," Business & Commercial Litigation, by Benchmark Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.