Recognized since 2023
Administrative and Public Law
Carey´s Senior Counsel at the Public Law and Education groups. His practice focuses on administrative, constitutional and regulatory law, advising several national and international clients, as well as public entities and state-owned enterprises on all sorts of matters directly or indirectly related to the public sector in Chile, including concessions, public procurement, negotiation and development of public-private associations, legal reports, litigation before Chilean administrative bodies, ordinary and special Courts of Justice, the Chilean Public Procurement Court and the Chilean Constitutional Court, legal defense against sanctions imposed by public entities, advisement on sectoral regulations in various markets, regarding public policies and legislative matters, as well as issues related to the Chilean Transparency Law
Activities and Memberships
- Professor of Constitutional Law in the undergraduate degree and Master's in Public Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 1995).
- President of the Citizen Council of Observers of the Constituent Process (2015-2017).• Dean of the Law Faculty, Universidad de Las Américas (2008-2017).
- Vice dean and dean, Faculty of Legal Sciences, Universidad Andrés Bello (2000-2006).• Member of the Presidential Advisory Commission on Transparency and Probity (2003-2005).
- External cabinet advisor, Ministry of Justice of Chile (1997-1999).
- External cabinet advisor, Ministry of National Defense (1995-1996).
- Advisor and chief of the Political and Institutional Relations Division and secretary of the Public Ethics Commission, Ministry General Secretariat of the Presidency (1990-1994).
- Professor of multiple specialties of Public Law in undergraduate and graduate programs at important institutions and universities.
- Author of several publications and articles about public law matters.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.carey.cl/cv/zapata-patricio/
- Isidora Goyenechea 2800, Piso 43
- Administrative and Public Law
- Recognized in Administrative and Public Law, Best Lawyers.
- Teaching Merit Award, Universidad Católica de Chile (2020).
- Best Teacher Award, granted by the students of the Faculty of Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2017, 2018, 2019).
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.